We are delighted to announce details of our NEW LGFA Grab Your Whistle Referee Academy which has been devised to develop aspiring referees aged 18 – 35 years within Ladies Gaelic Football and this will be delivered over 18 months by experts in the field. This exciting programme in funded through our recent successful application for Women in Sport Funding through Sport Ireland.
This is a new initiative welcoming referees from all counties to take part with each county allocated positions for two referees, at least one of which should be a female. We would really encourage you to take this opportunity to identify referees in your county for what is going to be an inspiring and innovative programme.
The programme consists of 6 contact days, first day and final day in Croke Park, with remaining dates taking place in each province from 2019 to 2020 which will focus on Technical, Physical, Mental and Tactical development whilst also providing practical referee experience on top of ongoing support and advice. Participants will also have to attend assigned games and events as part of compulsory practical experience.
Who Can Apply?
Participants cannot be on a Provincial or National Referee Panel but must be currently refereeing in their county. Candidates will apply directly through the link on attached brochure and we will then get sign off on the application from the relevant county board. All candidates must be committed to attend all workshops as attendance is compulsory throughout.
What are the benefits of being involved?
· Engage with like-minded officials in Ladies Gaelic Football
· Insight and understanding of your own officiating style
· Enhanced communication skills as an official
· Techniques to motivate and inspire you and your team of officials
· Receive personalised performance analysis
· Training and advice from experienced trainers and officials
· Free access to winter training hubs
· Practical opportunities at local, provincial and national level
· Feedback and support from assigned mentor
· Confidence in your own abilities through practical learning and application
We constantly receive feedback in all counties that more referee development is required and we are answering some of this with this brilliant initiative but it can only be successful if you help identify referees in your county and do not waste this opportunity to get involved. There is no doubt that there is at least two referees in every county that would benefit from this and really enjoy it so please make sure they are aware of it.
If you have any questions at all please feel free to contact Clare Dowdall, email@example.com
Full details are available at https://ladiesgaelic.ie/new-